I used to have my sewing machine in the living room so I could be with the family and sew, but I put it back in my sewing closet when we started back to school. I finally drug it out tonight and sewed up a few things. :) First is a boo-boo bag for kids. It's got rice in the inner pouch and has a washable cover. The cover is sorta like a pillow sham. It's meant to be kept in the freezer to use on a boo-boo instead of ice.
Then I made a boo-boo bag for grown ups. It's got rice in it and chamomile and mint for relaxation and sore muscle relief. I put straps so I can tie it around my waist (or shoulder or wherever) and still be mobile to take care of the kiddos. This has a pillow sham type removable cover as well. I put a little bit of padding in the straps for comfort. It can be heated up in the microwave for about a minute and stays warm for around 30 minutes. If you make this at home, make sure you don't heat it for more than a minute and a half and check it so you don't burn yourself. It can get very hot.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Boo-Boo bags
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I like the removable cover idea!
i made these for christmas gifts a few years back. although mine weren't as cool as yours. i should make some new ones. i like the removable cover
Very nice! We have these as well.. but not with removable covers.. great idea :)
Post a Comment